Engine Specialists | Servicing and Repairs | Brisbane
Holden 186 – Street Performance Spec
For sale is this completely rebuilt Holden 186. This engine has been completely stripped and chemical cleaned. We have crack tested the block, head, conrods and crankshaft to make sure it’s all in good condition. Crank has been reground, cylinders bored and honed to 0.030” oversize and the block resurfaced.
The cylinder head has also received some special treatment. We have opened-up the inlet port throats and fitted oversize HD inlet valves. The exhaust side received hardened valve seats to cope with unleaded fuel and new HD exhaust valves. We have also fitted new K-Line valve guides and heavy duty Crow Cams valve springs. The head was finished by re-surfacing the face.
Carburetor is a two-barrel Stromberg completely rebuilt to GTR spec, mounted on a genuine GTR manifold with an ARP carb stud kit. We’ve also fitted a new mechanical fuel pump.
There is an extensive list of quality new parts:
- ACL Duraglide main and conrod bearings, ACL camshaft thrust plate and new Durabond camshaft bearings
- New flat-top pistons and Hastings rings
- AA Permaseal gasket set
- New mild Crow cam (P.N. 35666), Crow Cams heavy duty valve spring set and US made Delphi hydraulic lifters
- New JP standard volume oil pump
- New Powerbond harmonic balancer
- New water pump, thermostat and water outlet
- Complete set of new welsh plugs
- New EFI electronic distributor, along with new leads and spark plugs
- New valve cover, oil filler, breather and side covers
Engine comes with our standard 12 month or 20,000 km warranty (whichever comes first). Conditions apply.
Rebuilding for sale: Holden 202 Red Motor to be built to GTR-XU1 Bathurst Spec
Rebuilding for sale: This Holden 202 red engine to GTR-XU1 Bathurst spec. This is your chance to own a genuine, old school Australian race spec engine. This engine will be built around a Crow Cams Bathurst XU1 camshaft, triple Stromberg carbs and ICE state of the art electronic ignition, all matched with a specially modified head. This engine will make good power all the way to almost 7,000 rpm. Here’s what we’re offering:
For the bottom end:
- ACL Race Series bearings
- ARP main studs
- Precision Motorsport H-beam conrods with ARP bolts
- Hypatec race flat-top pistons and Hastings rings
- JP high volume oil pump
- Powerbond race performance harmonic balancer
- Lightweight steel flywheel
- We’ll also balance the entire rotating assembly – customer will need to supply their own pressure plate
For the valve train:
- ACL cam bearings and thrust plate
- Crow Bathurst XU1 camshaft (P.N 35616)
- Crow high performance lifter set
- Crow heavy duty valves springs, chrome moly retainers and collets
- Crow pushrods and roller rocker set
- JP straight cut steel timing gear set
For the cylinder head
- Full port and polish and flow bench tested
- New oversize exhaust and inlet valves
- New valve guides
- ARP head stud kit
- Screw-in rocker studs and guide plates
Carbs will be 1.75” triple Strombergs, rebuilt to XU1 spec, along with manifold, linkages and ram tubes.
Engine will be finished with chrome side plates and rocker cover, fully painted in Holden Rocket Red or any other VHT colour of your choice.
Build will commence on receipt of deposit. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery.
07 3343 9825
Please contact The Torque Team if you require further information.
Phone: 07 3343 9825
Refrigerant Trading Authorisation
Approved Inspection Station number: 11079
The Torque Team
81 Secam Street Mansfield QLD.